George Michael
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register  
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages    Log in 

Barry Manilow: George is One of the Greats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    George Michael Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Barry Manilow: George is One of the Greats Reply with quote

A recent Barry Manilow interview from the Seattle Weekly demonstrates some more GM love from some of the biggest names in music. Read the following excerpt below:

“SW: Let's say, hypothetically, that George Michael, whose ‘Careless Whisper’ you really nail on your album, was looking to reunite Wham! and Andrew Ridgeley wasn't interested in re-establishing the partnership. Would you be up for taking his place?

BM: I ain't got the legs. Have you ever seen that video? [George] is one of the greats. The challenge to this last 80s album is it's so well-known, so close...These are wonderfully made records. In the 50s and 60s, they weren't wonderfully made records. But when you get to the 80s, man, they really knew how to make records, and George Michael's was one of the most beautifully made records.”

The full interview can be found at http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2009/03/barry_manilow_the_exclusive_re.php.

Now that both Manilow and South African metal band Seether have both covered “Carless Whisper,” can a full GM resurgence in pop be far behind?
magicball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Seattle Weekly has some kind of obsession with George. See http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-07-02/music/mark-knopfler-a-bigger-gay-icon-than-george-michael/.

www.byterunner.com -- Your source for computer connectivity devices.
fashionista

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once, Barry Manilow makes sense to me.

www.chicstar.com -- Trendy clothes and discount clothing
getyourmotorrunning

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since it's coming from Barry Manilow, you know it's meant to be taken seriously.

www.twobros.com -- aftermarket motorcycle parts
permanentmakeup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Manilow/Michael duet? That would be swell!

www.premierpigments.com -- permanent cosmetic makeup and more
Flaaver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can’t stop reading this. It’s so cool, so full of information that I just didn’t know. I’m glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way, showing us all different sides to it. You’re a great blogger. Please keep it up. I can’t wait to read what’s next.
You made some good points here. Keep us posting. What template do you use in your site.

vision insurance
AhsanulIkba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Among the few things one can count on in life: the taste of McDonald's cheeseburgers, "I Love Lucy" reruns are still funny—and Barry Manilow never wearing out his welcome at the top of the charts", Billboard Magazine.

With worldwide sales of more than 80 million records, Barry Manilow’s success is a benchmark in popular music.
alamrasel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a nice and helpful piece of information. I'm glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. I want to say it would supply up to !

total merchant services
keherasanu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for this! I have not been this thrilled by a site post for quite some time! You’ve got it, whatever that means in this site. Anyway, you’re definitely someone that has something to say that people should hear. Keep up the wonderful job. Keep on inspiring the people!

wedding favor boxes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    George Michael Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

George Michael Forum Forum Index